LAKE VIEW MOTOR SPEEDWAY PROTEST RULES FOR LATE MODEL AND SUPER STREET
[OR REFER TO SANCTIONING BODY PROTEST RULES]
• Only the driver or car owner may protest and protests are limited to the top 3 finishers in each
division. Only ONE item/part can be protested. Any other items/parts in question will be
considered a separate protest.
• To protest a car, you must finish one spot behind that car. You can only protest the car that
finishes in front of you.
• The technical inspector must receive protest and protest money at the scale house immediately
after the race. The protest must be accepted or declined by the protested team within five
minutes of the filing of the protest.
• Visual protests (those requiring no disassembly or removal of parts) must be made to the tech
inspector before qualifying. Only one visual protest per team, per night. The visual protest fee is $50, which is retained by the track. [New in 2020]
• Protested car must go immediately to the protest area. If the protested driver does not accept
the protest, he forfeits all points and purse money for the night and the protester will be
refunded all of the protest money.
• Protest area will be off limits to all but track personnel and two team members from both the
protester and protested. The two team members can only be the car owner and driver, or if
owner drives a crew chief will be allowed. If any conflict arises during the protest the protest will
be cancelled by the track and the party that caused the conflict will forfeit the protest and lose
the money. After a part (or parts) are ready for inspection, the tech inspector and one
representative from both the protester and protested will be allowed to witness the inspection.
The tech inspector’s decision at this time is final.
• All protests which require a volume inspection (cubic inches or cubic centimeters) must be ready
for inspection within 60 minutes from the time the protest is posted.
• Cars found to be illegal will cause forfeiture of points and purse money earned that evening.
• Once the protest is filed with the track official, it may not be rescinded unless all parties involved
• Only one protest, per division, per night allowed.
• Cars found illegal more than one time, will lose 100 points in addition to the penalties previously
PROTEST FEES: [Changes in 2020]
Division Protested Car / Note: $100 is retained by track per protest, ANY division.
[See example below under protest policy]
New in 2020 P & G Test ANY engine [including 525 crate] $ 300 Retained by Track
Late Model: $500
Super Street: $500
DL Street Stock [Refer to DL Street Stock Rules] [New in 2020]
UMP Mod: [Refer to UMP Rules]
602 SportMod [Refer to 602 Mid East Rules] [New in 2020]
Sport Compact [Refer to SCDRA Rules]